AAUW advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research. By joining AAUW, you belong to a community that breaks through educational and economic barriers so that all women have a fair chance.
What AAUW does for women and girls is captured in this cool YouTube video, titled, “Ifs and Onlys and Little Girls’ Dreams!”
The Sarasota Branch draws members from the southern most part of the City of Sarasota to the northern border of Sarasota County. Sarasota AAUW is actively involved in the local community.
Why Should You Join?
- Fellowship with intelligent, educated women who have a variety of activities and interests.
- Opportunity for contacts with community leaders.
- Builds self-esteem and gives a greater vision of what one can accomplish and become.
- Community involvement.
- Value of membership from AAUW national web page
Who Might Want to Join AAUW?
- Anyone (men and women) interested in equity issues related to women and girls.
- Those who agree with AAUW’s Public Policy Priorities and want to receive timely notification of important woman’s issues.
- Women who have just moved into the region wanting to meet people.
- Women wanting to expand their social circle.
- New graduates who might want direction and mentoring in their careers.
- Working women who want to network.
- Young mothers tired of baby talk who want to have some intelligent conversation for a change.
- Mothers of older children or “empty nesters” finally having time to “rediscover themselves.”
- Retired women eager to meet other intelligent and active retirees.
Who Can Become a Member?
You can make a difference! Membership is open to anyone who has earned an associate, baccalaureate or higher degree from an accredited college or university; or anyone working toward their first baccalaureate degree may join as a student affiliate. We meet the 3rd Wednesday of each month from October through May.
Membership with AAUW means you’re part of a community dedicated to changing the climate for women and girls. It also means you have access to some great discounts and special services exclusively offered to members.
AAUW’s member benefits can enhance your professional and personal life and will save you money along the way! Most important, every time you use one of your benefits, you are also supporting AAUW’s vital work, which is what makes AAUW one of the nation’s most powerful voices on women’s issues. With each purchase, AAUW receives a royalty that is used to support the work we do, including our equal pay advocacy, community programs, leadership development tools, student leadership conference, and so much more!
New members and existing members who want to renew your membership, Click on the link, print out the application and mail it with your check to our PO Box. Membership Application